LARGE & TALL BIKE SETUP
Guest: Kip Kyler stands 6’4” with a 38” inseam who is riding a Husqvarna 701. He has made a few adjustments to accommodate his height and weight, but still feels cramped in the cockpit while riding. He has reached out to Bret to find out what other adjustments he can make and what kind of suspension he may need to install.
1. How to choose the right spring for your riding style and weight.
2. How to find the right local suspension tuner for you.
3. How to determine the correct suspension setup needed for you.
– When a bike is suspended properly, it will greatly increase your confidence. People don’t understand how important setting up the bike properly is.
– Many people adjust their bars to be comfortable when standing straight up. This is not correct – if something catches you off-guard, it can throw you off-balance and you end up with a whiskey throttle.
– Preload does not actually make the springs stiffer; they just feel stiffer.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 33:43 — 40.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More